LOOKING TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Brookings Area United Way
Resource Development Specialist
Mission Statement: Uniting people, sharing resources, inspiring hope, and enriching lives for a stronger Brookings County.
Summary of Position: The Resource Development Specialist will increase the fundraising capacity and results of BAUW by engaging and educating the general public, local media, businesses, and donors about Brookings Area United Way’s missions and their importance in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, write, and monitor grant requests. Ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Develop and implement a strategic year-round donor-focused marketing plan, including collateral materials, newsletters, direct mail, paid advertising, social media, and online opportunities with a specific focus on annual fundraising campaign materials
- Help direct volunteers and board members in fundraising activities
- Participates in community relations among BAUW volunteers, human service providers, business leaders, and the community. May attend community functions and campaign presentations as a BAUW representative.
- Public speaking on behalf of Brookings Area United Way
- Cultivate and maintain partner agency relations including special meetings and events
- Assist with Intern and Work Study onboarding
- Manage website communications and donor software
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office setting, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a caring, honest, responsible, and respectful way
- Ability to keep highly sensitive personal and financial information in confidence
- Strong presentation skills, time management, oral/written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn other software
COMPENSATION: $20.00 an hour with a benefit stipend available.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, & three references to email@example.com.
908 Hope Drive
Brookings, SD 57006
Mail to: P.O. Box 750, Brookings
Learn how to make an impact in your community! Join our mailing list to get quarterly updates and special event notices of how United Way is working to fight for a brighter tomorrow for Brookings County.
*By providing your email you are signing up for BAUW emails to learn how you can make an impact in Brookings County.
*By entering your mobile phone number, you allow BAUW and its representatives to contact you via text messages and mobile phone calls about ways to take action and support BAUW's efforts. Standard text message rates apply.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Brookings United Way, 908 Hope Drive. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
- Volunteer United
- Our Partners