History of Brookings Area United Way
Fifty five years ago, a small group of area businessmen started the Brookings United Charities. In 1955, familiar Brookings names like Fishback, Kendall, Sexauer, Dalthorp, Blauert, McCann and Chapman aspired to receive gifts and administer them for charitable, educational, civic and philanthropic uses. The name was then changed to Brookings United Fund and now serves as Brookings Area United Way. Although the board members and dollar amounts raised has changed through the years, the purpose stays the same:
Brookings Area United Way
~ uniting people, sharing resources, inspiring hope and enriching lives for a stronger Brookings County.